I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Monday, November 9, 2009

On the Hunt for Wedding Bands

Wedding bands have perplexed me since day 1 of our engagement. I am so happy I didn't have any input into the choice of my engagement ring because I am notoriously indecisive. So a decision this big (I mean, come on, we will have them for the rest of our lives so I'm feeling the pressure) is next to impossible for me. Thankfully, I have the internetz to help me out on this one.

And once again, Etsy has been my got to source for the wide array of choices. I love the eco-friendly choices at mcfarlanddesigns especially this gem (pardon the pun):


And, although I love my engagement ring to death, it was really expensive. Much more than I probably ever wanted to spend. And in spite of the fact that I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world now that I've fallen in love with it (just to reassure Mr. FB that he made the right choice), if I'd found something like the amazing stuff from onegarnetgirl I might have encouraged him to spend less money on something like this:


Another great thing about buying handmade wedding bands is that a lot of them come in sets which will match perfectly since they're created to go together instead of buying from jewelery stores who carry all different brands. I love the look of this set (from esdesigns) since I'm a fan of a wider band than most traditional bands have:



And through my extensive research, Mr. FP and I have finally found something that we can agree on (what a shock, I know). They're made by a husband-wife business in Maine and we're going to get them customized to suite our tastes since they can make almost anything.

I'd share a photo, but Mr. FP is so impressed with them that he doesn't want to share our secret with anyone yet. I know, how rude. But secret or no secret, I can't wait to see how they'll turn out. Let's keep our fingers crossed, shall we?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please avoid comments that contain personal attacks, snarkiness, spam, or any other not-so-nice qualities.