I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

ah, sweet freedom

Oh. My. Gosh.

Exams are finally over.
I can breathe now.

Yesterday was the first day in... 5 weeks? that I didn't have to adhere to strict exam study schedule. I sat around and watched TV for hours. And I loved every minute of it.

As unproductive as yesterday was, it was preceded by a busy weekend. We're currently prepping for our trip to Florida this weekend and so we had a crap load of stuff to get done for both the trip and the wedding. Mr. FP is seriously lacking in summer apparel, so we got him some shorts and I picked up some sunscreen because I am pale as pale can be and the sun will eat through my skin like nobody's business. The wedding is officially two months away (since yesterday, eek!) so I have no desire to return from Florida with a massive burn that will still be present on the big day.

As far as the wedding goes, the invitations are close to completion. Like I mentioned in one of my last posts, the RSVP's has to be re-ordered and we're still awaiting their arrival. Thankfully, I was able to gather my bridesmaids to help out with invitation assembly so I just have to stick in the RSVPs and seal them up.

We also managed to get some pretty decent stamps for the invites and RSVPs. I know tons of blogging brides who have struggled with the stamp issue as they've had to deal with everything from polar bears to Zeus in their search for wedding stamps, so I was a little concerned about what kind of choices we'd have. Honestly, I was dreading having to use Olympic stamps. As proud as I am that the Olympics were held in Canada this year and that our athletes did so well, the Olympics have been over for months but we're still hearing about them. So I had no desire to continue the spread of Olympic fever with our invitations.

Of course, when we arrived at the post office, we discovered the only ones available in a book of 10 were Olympic themed. Story of my life. Thankfully, there were some pretty ones available and although they were slightly more expensive, they were worth it.


We like pretty colors.

And because we're going to deliver a ton ourselves before we leave on the weekend, total postage costs for invites and RSVPs only amounted to $40. Way less than I had originally thought.

We also received the ties for the groomsmen and our wedding bands this past week, so I'll have more on that soon.

So what if I'd rather blog than pack for the trip? Totally practical decision, obviously.

6 comments:

Cupcake Wedding said...

No more tests. Hell year. More time for daydreaming and wedding fidgeting now.

Lisa said...

blogging is way more fun than packing! also, props to you for rolling with the stamps :)

have an awesome trip and congrats on the end of exams!

Chocolate Lover said...

Yay for no more exams! Congrats on getting through that! I love the stamps you picked. Very colourful! Have a great trip!

Miss C said...

Packing is always better at the last minute.

Watching TV for hours to de-stress is amazing.

Enjoy Florida!

Ms. Bunny said...

Jealous of your freedom!

Jess said...

We were just doing that as well. Good old stamps, I was worried about getting war themed ones. Thankfully they were just iconic sites in Australia :)

Post a Comment

Please avoid comments that contain personal attacks, snarkiness, spam, or any other not-so-nice qualities.