I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

pom poms and lanterns

As I've discussed before, the decor for the ceiling in our reception tent will alternate between paper lanterns and pom poms. Only recently have I finally been able to eliminate the ridiculously large stack of tissue paper that's been sitting on my dining room table for months by turning them into pom poms. Thank goodness that's finally over with. As far as monotonous DIY projects, let me tell you, this one tops my list for sure. Once the novelty of the pretty colors wore off, I was faced with a daunting task and although I probably should have enlisted the help of my bridesmaids for this one, it was good that I overcame the monotony factor to get them done myself. After all, I realized I had enough time (after I spent half a day watching episodes and episodes of Gilmore Girls), I just need the motivation.


Yes, I color coded them... it's the Type A in me.

Such a small box, such a huge pain in the ass. They are now ready for transport and will await fluffing until a day or two before the wedding. That's the easy part, after all.

Thankfully, the other half of our ceiling decor has been a much more enjoyable process. Paper lanterns are simple. Especially since I stumbled upon paperlanternstore.com a few months back. They have a ridiculously amazing selection. Every color, every size and you can even choose between regular and irregular ribbed... how awesome is that? I'm semi-depressed about our choice to go with all white lanterns because I would have loved to choose tons of colors from their extensive inventory. When I expressed this thought to Mr. FP he reminded me that color poms and color lanterns would probably be a color overload. Then I reminded him that there's no such thing. The he ordered the white lanterns. Story of my life.

The prices seem comparable to other places online and a big bonus for us was the fact that their shipping charges to send the orders to Canada were extremely reasonable. And after ordering, we received the order within 2 weeks.

But my favorite thing about dealing with them was the fact that when the 14" lanterns that we wanted weren't in stock, they promptly replied to my e-mail inquiry and let me know when that size would be in. Plus, they sent another e-mail to let me know that they had received their latest inventory and that I would now be able to order the correct size. Coming from someone who is used to crappy communication from online stores and from eBay sellers, this was a real pleasure because we didn't have to sit around wondering whether or not they would ever have the right size.

So if you're one of the many brides or grooms looking for inexpensive paper lanterns, I'd highly recommend that you check them out because they worked out awesome for us. And if you do buy from them, please buy colored ones, so I can live vicariously through you.

2 comments:

Ms. Bunny said...

Ahh, Gilmore Girls. I finally finished the entire series from start to finish through Netflix.

I think your mix of color and white will look lovely. Can't wait to see.

JEM - Aqua Bride said...

I have the same box of pom poms. But they're all white, sorry, lol.

Post a Comment

Please avoid comments that contain personal attacks, snarkiness, spam, or any other not-so-nice qualities.